Controlling the aperture of HD DSlr

Credit to Mr. Chuckles aka Mark Fong , we now have a choice of 4 different apertures.
1. The widest/lowest aperture of your lens eg 1.4, 1.8, 2.8
2. 5.6 or nearer in the case of f4
3. f16
4. f22

So here it is..

A quick demo of a reliable and sound method of manipulating the aperture for recording videos on the new Canon 5D Mark 2.

Update: as I mention in the video the lowest aperture my lens could get to was f/2.8. Some folks have mentioned that for lenses that could get below f/2.8 they have found that they can set it to f/2.0 and f/1.4 (I haven't verified this btw). I also have been able to record at f/8 but it is a tricky and wacky way to get it and you won't know you got it unless you do some still references.

If you have questions or comments, leave them here or you can reach me on dpreview.com or cinema5d.com as "mrchuckles". I can also be reached at mrchuckles@gmail.com.
Labels: , , | edit post
0 Responses